Ok, so just this morning I discovered it was “National Hug a Vegetarian Day.” Guess what? My wife is a vegetarian, which you would probably know if you’ve visited my blog before. So, if you know any vegetarians, vegans, or maybe those who wish they were, give ’em a hug*
* Please note, take caution if you give hugs to strangers, as this may result in bad words or a slap to the face.
Outside of the special day for all vegetarians out there, there is a lot of stuff happening this weekend related to the New York City Craft Beer Week. It is the third annual celebration, though my first.
The list goes on an on as to what bars and restaurants are hosting special dinners, tastings, and other types of events, so I wont try and list them all. I will however name a few that I plan to attend (or those I really really want to attend).
- September 25-26th – Get Real NY Cask Ale & Food Festival – tickets purchased for tomorrow afternoon and I couldn’t be more excited.
- September 26 – East/West Village Beer Crawl – totally free and hosted by greatbrewers.com
- Beer Dinner at Hearth – three courses with delicious dishes attached, friend was a cook here as well.
- Beer Dinner at Vai – another three course dinner. I’ve been for dessert and drinks, so I know its good
- Dinners at Craftbar and Colicchio & Sons – Pricey dinners, likely not going, but I can wish can’t I?
In addition to beer week here are some other happenings that caught my interest (by google reader)
- Amsterdam Falafel in Washington DC finally ready to open the franchising floodgates (Young and Hungry)
- Bored to Death (on HBO) restaurant guide (Eater)
- Top Chef All-Stars was announced, officially — Gotta root for Jen from Season 6 and Richard Blais from Season 4 (grub street)
- DELICIOUS looking Gazpacho from Lottie + Doof’s blog. I want to eat this NOW.w