I’m going to make this week’s round up short and sweet. Last month I dabbled in bread baking with a quick and easy no-knead bread. This week, I tested out my baking fingers on a sweet corn bread loaf, which required a little bit of kneading, but not much. It was fresh and delicious, and like I said on that post, it would go great with Chili, but you knew that already.
I’ve been try to post more and more lately, and in doing so, I have been neglecting some of the old school posts with lots of vegetarian recipe, or vegetarian versions of carnivorous dishes. I’m going to try and do more vegetable dishes as main dishes, with a little meat on the side. I hope to try making pasta again, something that has eluded me for a long time.
Anyway, as per usual, here are some stories and recipes that I thought were worth sharing.
- Serious Eats 6 biggest Food Myths – My favorite is the post on burger flipping
- Great post from Borderstan (DC blog) about Fall Farmers Markets (psst, I also like it because my Short Rib recipe is linked too)
- Foodiggity chronicles the 50 worst beers in the world – I’m not proud to have had a lot of them, mostly in college.
- The Kitchn gives us 12 Fall Recipes – comfort food in the fall and winter is the greatest.
- Zagat weighs in on NY Food Trucks in their ratings – I really need to try Wafels and Dinges
- Anthony Bourdain was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon – what kind of Bourdain fluffer would I be without this posted somewhere?
- AOL trying to get in on the Daily Coupon thing? They are calling it Wow! As in WOW! you are so irrelevant.