October. Wow, is really October already? I swear it was just starting September a few days ago. Either way, October means the weather should be getting colder and therefore, aside from needing long sleeves and long pants, its time for stews, oktoberfest beers, indoor concerts, chili, hockey season and did I mention chili?
I’ve posted my Chili recipe on this blog before, but I am making a few slight changes and will post it next week. This post isn’t dedicated to chili really, I just love talking about chili, eating chili and making chili, so sue me.
Last week started the New York City Craft Beer Week and there are still 3 more days left, so if you live in NY, be sure to check out all the great deals being offered around the city. Like always here are some links, recipes, and restaurant openings that caught my attention, and presumably others as well.
- The best Ramen in New York City – Totto Ramen has been on my list for a while.
- 5 Easy French Meals from The Kitchn
- Tom Colicchio brings back Tuesday Dinners, snacks to Craft bar, and Opens River Park.
- the Michelin Guide releases their Bib Gourman picks (almost like their Cheap Eats)
- The Smitten Kitchen’s Chili with Sour Cream & Cheddar Biscuits (did you really think I wouldn’t post a chili recipe?)
- Food Friendly Events for the next 7 days in NY from Eating in Translation
- Michael White’s new restaurant Osteria Morini opens.