Just yesterday I did something terrible to yelp.com. I cheated on yelp. I’m not proud of this, but I did it anyway. Who with you ask? None other than Urban Spoon (hey, at least it wasn’t chow hound, I mean, I’m not a monster). What is the reason for my indiscretion you ask? Well, because any blog post about a restaurant can be linked back to Urban Spoon and that blog then posted on the restaurant’s Urban Spoon page. Surely you can’t blame me for trying to get more traffic here? I wont post my NYC blog rank, as its pretty low so far, but you can find my Urban Spoon page here. So when you see that little spoon logo below a review, just don’t tell Yelp, ok? Thanks.
This past weekend I attended a few food events through meetup.com. Before I moved to NYC I joined a few food groups including Foodies of NYC and Ethnic Food Lovers. What is great about these groups is that they plan interesting meals at interesting places (all of which are new to me) and then meet there to try and share different foods. One of my favorite cuisines is Vietnamese and so I attended two Vietnamese meals on consecutive days (yea, I like it that much). I thought I’d share only because its a pretty cool way to check out new restaurants, especially if you move somewhere new.
And now random linkage:
- Apple Pie – A delicious pie for dinner? Yep, a 3 course pie dinner at Four & Twenty Blackbirds.
- Making your own French Baguettes – Easier than you thought.
- Washington DC breweries? Yep, I leave and now they are going to have 4 breweries (or more)
- Reverse restaurant migration – BLT group brings Casa Nona to NYC
- New hip bus from U Street in DC to Park Slope
- Young rapper – Stop Hitting on my Moms
- The early word on Michael White’s Osteria Morini