This week I plan to keep in the same style, except this week I’m going to be the 1000th blog or website to talk about the new “deal of the day” concept that is spreading like crazy. If you’re city doesn’t have one, it’s probably because there aren’t any restaurants there.
Yea, I know, we just were in a recession, restaurants are doing whatever they can to get you to eat their food instead of someone else’s, but still, this is getting out of hand. Here are just a few of them, plus some that are nearly brand new:
- Zagat Exclusives – powered by Deal On *new*
- Yelp – They have always done specials, but now they have a real deal page *new*
- Open Table Spotlight – gives you a few days to guess first *new*
- Groupon – one of the first
- Living Social – 5 daily deals for the NYC region alone
- The Daily Dealpool – lets you sign up for more than one at at time – daily email with deals
Oh, and did I mention the possibility of selling a deal you bought that you decided you actually do not want? Yea, you can do that too at Lifesta.com. Just don’t try to start scalping, ok?
So you all don’t feel to deprived, here are some links and recipes that caught my eye this week.
Top Chef crowned a champion, even if it wasn’t the right person.
If you know the secret, you can get the best (and cheapest) dumplings in New York City.