Normally I have some specific, or semi-specific topic for my weekly roundup. This time, I’m drawing a blank. I’ve already talked about Turkey Day which is coming up next week. I guess I don’t always have a topic at hand. I would however like to give a shout out to a new deal website in New York City called Tenka.
Tenka’s concept is a little different than some of the others like groupon etc. Tenka let’s you take several deals and freebies (at no cost to you) and put them in your virtual pocket. Then, you just show the deal, on your smart phone, to the vendor, and bam, free stuff. I recently got free tacos at Korilla (my favorite food truck). You can also post them on to facebook, letting your friends use them, and if they use it, you get money, free. With tons of deal sites out there, and its nice to see one that you don’t actually have to pay anything up front.
Now, let’s get to some delicious food, links and other stuff, mostly NYC related:
- Modern Domestic gives us delicious Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, hell yes.
- Pham Fatale gives us some honey braised Brussels Sprouts (i made them, they’re good)
- Alec Baldwin does commercials for Wegmans, the greatest supermarket in the world
- Eric Hara’s 9 – duck fat fries. How…can…you…resist.
- Alex Guarnaschelli’s new restaurant Darby